Pages of My Blog

Change your Cover letter

Cover letter is important because it has created first impression of your resume or CV. So you should be careful when write a cover letter. Here is some instruction how to write an effective covering letters:-

Research the company and the specifics about the position so you can modify your letter to the needs of the organization. The reader must know immediately that you have not sent this letter to another employer. Modify your cover letters and decide how casual or formal you should make your language.

Don’t forget to match their needs to your experience and abilities. Describe what strengths you have to offer by showing the relationship between your skills and experience and the vacancy. You can also describe your previous achievements and how they relate to the vacancy, and identify three reasons why you should be called to interview. Refer the reader to your enclosed CV for additional information
Try to avoid using too many sentences that start with "I" or writing in the passive voice (ex. "This experience enabled me to..." or "Through my internship, I was responsible for..."); instead, make yourself the subject of each sentence and use active descriptions (ex., "In this internship, I demonstrated sound judgment and problem-solving skills on a daily basis."). You need to focus on the company rather than yourself.

You will have researched the company as part of your preparation, so when explaining why you are interested in the organization or position, avoid general statements like ‘I am impressed with your products and growth’. Write specifically about which products, what growth and why you are impressed

Answer the question of ‘why you?’ What makes you worth considering? Emphasize your positive assets, such as education or skills, accomplishments and personal qualities in relation to the employer’s needs. Emphasize your strengths and experience

Use good quality paper that matches your resume paper and envelopes. 

Conclude by saying you look forward to discussing your career with the advertiser and be sure to sign your letters. (Black ink is suggested)


Below I attached a cover letter for your better understanding:-

Cover Letter - Response to an Ad
June 05, 2011
Employer Contact Information
Name
Title
Company
Address
City
,  Zip Code
Re: Application for the post Programmer.
Dear Sir,
I am writing to apply for the programmer position advertised in the Daily Prothom Alo   As requested, I am enclosing a resume, my certification, 2 copy Passport size photograph and two references.
The opportunity presented in this listing is very interesting, and I believe that my strong technical experience and education will make me a very competitive candidate for this position. The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include:
·                         I have successfully designed, developed, and supported live use applications
·                         I strive for continued excellence
·                         I provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers

With a B.Sc degree in Computer Programming, I have a full understanding of the full life cycle of a software development project. I also have experience in learning and excelling at new technologies as needed.
Please see my resume for additional information on my experience.
I can be reached anytime via email at akader6@ovi.com or my cell phone, 0172300077.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.
Sincerely,
Your name

1 comment:

  1. I agree that has big importance as it creates the first impression on the receiver.

    Cover Letters

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Custom Search

Better Jobs for Life